Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The same the world over.....

Today I came into work in my jeans. Not as you might imagine for some random charity event or anything like that, but because we were moving desks. I've never been convinced that moving desks is particularly productive, but as a contractor right now I say bring it on, because effectively they're paying me for an hours work lifting a PC from one side of the office to the other. Bargain.

Add to that the fact that I arguably now have the best desk in the office, window in the corner, it's not all bad. I'm not entirely sure how it happened either, I think they thought it was going to be a really tiny area so they'd shove the contractors into it, but then the mainframe people moved all their IBM redbooks out the way and it's turned out OK.

The only downside is the airconditioning which is always set to 'fierce' and inevitably makes my hands feel like ice. Which is nice.

So there you go, completely pointless desk moves - they happen *everywhere*.