Thursday, May 03, 2007

All change?

I wonder if I should change the title of my blog to something else, now that the anticipated 3 continents has been somewhat monopolised by just one?

I've been considering staying here longer term for a couple of months now and really as I was meant to be going home (or at least to New Zealand and the US) this Sunday it was about time I actually made a decision and went for it. Not that it's as black and white as I'm making out. I had to apply for a visa. I had made some investigations about it earlier on but not followed it up - but at the time they told me the application process would take 6-8 weeks, so I wasn't expecting a fast answer. But in the end I did apply. I applied on the Thursday and on the following Tuesday the visa was approved.


So the deal is, I can now stay and work in Australia - and it's all legal and so on.. The limitations are: I have to work. Not exactly a big deal, although I did get used to the not working side of things when I first arrived here. But I'm back at work now, and it's not a huge drama. In fact it pays for me to live in a fairly nice apartment in the centre of an amazing city, so it's not all bad.

So let me think.... the last three weeks...... what have I been up to.....