Thursday, May 03, 2007

Pink!

So, for the last three weeks I've not posted so I've got some catching up to do.

Not last weekend but the weekend before I went back to Adelaide. When I was staying there before Christmas I had agreed to go and see Pink in concert, thinking I would be staying there, but as it turned out, I moved to Sydney. No big deal though, Adelaide is an amazing place. I'm not sure if I've been brainwashed by my mate Andy telling me about Adelaide for all the time he was in the UK, but I really like it there. So, no drama to go back to Adelaide, not least to see Pink in concert. So we went to the concert and it was very good. I was surprised at how many songs of hers I knew - it was a great show. The only downside was the person sitting behind me...... imagine the scenario.....

We were in a rectangular concert hall. We were sitting about 2/3rds the way down one side, about 5 or 6 rows from the back. OK, it's not like Wembley Stadium, but it's not like you could have had a conversation with the person at the front of the hall if you'd wanted to - it's big enough. So at the start of the show I hear from behind me a sound comparable to a child having it's eyes gorged out with a red hot poker and a scream which says 'We love you Pink!!' Now bear in mind, even if Pink and this person behind me had been in hall all by themselves, I doubt she would have been able to make out what she was saying. But anyway, I'm sitting there thinking to myself 'Oh my god, what is this person, like 12 years old?' So I turn around and it transpires that she's not 12, she's about 8. But sadly, despite it clearly being past her bedtime, she continued to shriek in this fashion throughout the concert to a point at the end of the show where there's a two minute countdown to the wrap up and she literally screamed at top volume for the entire two minutes. Towards the end she began to cough and splutter (and with any luck, die) and it made me wonder why on earth her mother hadn't told her to shut up hours earlier. And then I realised..... This child won't be able to speak for days after this effort - days of pure silence. I understand. However my ears didn't and it took every inch of restraint not to turn around and punch her in the mouth. However, I'm sure punching kids is frowned upon, even under these extreme conditions......

But when I didn't have an 8 year old shrieking in my ear, Pink was very good. And she does a great piss-take of Paris Hilton which is nice.