Sunday, May 13, 2007

Terrible Tuesday

There's something about the fact that you're not at home which makes the bad days here seem worse. Or maybe it's just thr grass is greener effect. You know what it's like at home, a bad day and you start wishing you lived somewhere else, where magically bad days wouldn't happen. Maybe the sun would shine, or you'd be able to do something different.

Here when I have a bad day my immediate thoughts are 'What in the name of all that is holy am I doing here, when I could be at home, tucked up in my own bed?' There's no place really like your own bed to hide from the world! OK, here I have my own little flat and it's perfectly nice. Some would say it was really good, but it doesn't feel like home. I'm not sure why.

But I'm making it sound like I'm like this all the time, when in fact it's not true. I went out for dinner with some friends on Friday night and had a riot. Nearly got kicked out of the restaurant for being too loud - or it could have been what we were talking about - although actually I don't remember - probably something to do with the two bottles of wine we downed. Today, Sunday, I'm sitting here at just past midday waiting for my buddy to get back from the gym and then we're going to go and have lunch somewhere. Hey do you notice all my days out are related to food??? Hmmm, I see a pattern here.....

Maybe to counteract all that food stuff I have taken up swimming. There's a pool not two blocks from where I live so I nip down there 3 or 4 times a week and swim up and down. The result of that though is that I need to buy a new ipod so I can get waterproof casing and waterproof head phones, otherwise it's just dull. I get so bored and often forget how many laps I've done. Really, memory like a seive!

Anyway, got to go, I'm trying to find a cafe/restaurant which will serve brunch - so far I'm not making progress.....