Monday, June 18, 2007

Still no laptop

The other week, I ordered a laptop from HP. I was impressed when it was delivered to me four days later - good huh?? Only slight downside was that it looked like it had been impaled and had a dent in the side of the screen. If it was a cheapie, I might have accepted my fate, but since this baby is worth $4000 I decided to get it replaced. So I call them up to get them to fix it up - thinking I'll be online within a few more days and they tell me that it takes two weeks to get a replacement. I don't entirely get it. New order = 4 days, replacement of brand new laptop, never even switched on = 2 weeks. Frankly unimpressed. Even more unimpressed that the call centre is in India, although I concede that since I am in the Asia Pacific region that it's not entirely unreasonable that the calls are centrally diverted to somewhere else in Asia. But still.

So it's been two weeks since they peddaled me this two week story and I called again. Yes, madam, the indian guy promised (I could imagine head bobbing from side to side) I will call you by the end of the day with an update. Needless to say I am still waiting and since they finished work approximately three hours ago, I think the phone call is unlikely.

So watch this space. Once the replacement laptop arrives in immaculate condition I will be signing up for the internet and I'll be back to blogging on a more regular basis. Currently this is running on a best endeavours basis - much like HP's order replacement program.

In other news; went to Melbourne last weekend - glad it was *last* weekend after hearing about the shooting there earlier today - it seems so out of character for Melbourne. Weather in Sydney utterly shocking, rain for the next 25 days. Getting my money's worth brolly wise. Foxtel is providing me with considerably more crap to watch on TV than ever before, today I actually watched an episiode of Eastenders, after seven months you'd think that not a lot might have changed, but it all seemed the same. It was Christmas there, so I guess it goes with the crap weather here. I hear Pauline Fowler kicks the bucket in the next episode.....

Anyway, I ducked into the Internet shop on the way to the supermarket, which I need to get to pronto, so will leave this post for now.

More soon......