Thursday, June 21, 2007

Ha! Me again.

I have got my act together somewhat, by virtue of the fact that I finished work early today and I've made my way to the internet cafe instead of making my way home to hibernate.

Unfortunately there is no progress with the aforementioned laptop. I finally got called by the guy from HP only for him to tell me that the Logistics department had decided that they weren't prepared to replace the laptop. Hmmm, unimpressed to say the least, more like totally fuming. Needless to say I wasn't about to accept that. So we've had a little game phone calls and emails where he asks me to do all sorts of things with the laptop and I refuse. Basically he wanted me to switch the thing on to see if it worked. I politely declined his offer. Frankly, I don't care whether it works like a rocket, it's damaged, it was like that when it was delivered, they can take it back. So I agreed to take pictures of the offending item. I'm sure they think that I dropped the laptop, but since the damage is in the centre of the machine, I'm hoping that when they see it like that they'll accept what I'm saying without any more fuss. I can see it now, there's going to be trouble.....

Umm, so it's still raining cats and dogs which is getting a bit tiresome really. There's only so much umbrella carrying which ought to be necessary. However, apparently the water shortage is being abated by all this rain. The dams have filled up by 10%. We're due another 3 weeks of this, so by the summer we should be back in business.

Nothing else to report. About to go swimming, indoors obviously in this weather, mind you, it can't be much better than being outdoors, it's *that* cold. However, it inadvertently incentivises you to keep swimming else you get cold. Maybe it's deliberate????